IdeaSoft is looking for a Competence Lead BE (Node.JS, Golang) to join us on a full-time basis.
In IdeaSoft, Tech Lead is a Competence Lead that drives and develops the Back-End community in the company, leading all Back-end Engineers allocated to different projects.
Competence Lead BE (Node.JS, Golang) – is a Senior Software Engineer / Architect responsible for leading the Back-End team / community.
Competence Lead provides a robust technical direction that involves establishing technical excellence, resolving technical disagreements, and managing the technical quality of community deliverables in coordination with operational teams in the company.
Competence Lead BE (Node.JS, Golang) directly reports to the CTO.
– At least 7 years of hands-on work in the field of software development;
– 3+ years of working experience with Node.JS;
– 2+ years of production experience with Golang;
– Strong experience with relational and non-relational databases;
– Working experience in Agile environment;
– Strong knowledge of SDLC/STLC and Agile-based frameworks;
– Experience in a similar position for the last two years.
Soft skills requirements:
– Team Leadership;
– Achievement orientation;
– Ability to learn from mistakes.
On the Team Level
The Back-End Team contains all Back-End Software Engineers allocated to different outsource and outstaff projects.
The Back-End Tech Lead role on the team level assumes:
– Working with the Back-End engineering team to drive the community and encourage inner growth and motivation of the team;
– Conducting regular status report meetings to be aware of team members’ high-level progress on their projects, blockers, and issues;
– Collecting and analyzing information about recurring or/and most common technical issues and knowledge gaps in the team to improve teams’ performance through mentorship and coaching;
– Collaborating with the team to define growth plans within the domain vs. competence area to work out scaling plans, educational programs needed to fulfill, internship programs, etc.;
– When necessary, setting up research and development initiatives to keep team knowledge and skills on the cutting edge of the technology;
– Creating, controlling, and maintaining internal team rules, standards, and processes.
– Establishing a Confluence directory with internal team rules & documents;
– Onboarding new team members according to the established company processes and quality norms.
On the Company Level
The Back-End Tech Lead role on the company level assumes:
– Acting as a representative of Back-End Competence during the pre-sales stage with new customers or helping current customers in case of launching initiatives;
– Leading the development of the Back-End Competence at the Company level to ensure the growth and scaling of the team;
– Performing analysis of the technology area and business domain demands to foresee potential needs of the customers and prepare in advance for the team to be ready to work over them;
– Collaborating with other teams and departments, company management, and clients to ensure projects are completed to established technical standards;
– Creating job tech requirements for Back-End engineers and participating in interviews;
– Assessing opportunities for process improvement and preparing documentation of rationale to share with team members and other affected parties.